Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Time stands still

I received an email asking why I am not in the photos. That's because, I'm taking them!
I fished out a snap that Aarti took in her anesthetic daze. Yes, I lied when I claimed that I will not lift the baby until she stopped frigthening me. I am still petrified of those other orifices. This weak moment was after someone told me "first few days no potty!". And how it came when it came, the really bizzare bit was the releif in Aarti's face when it came. I will continue to try to take adequate precautions. But kutty's ammamma is encouraging her to go, you know what, on me. WHY?
To be fair, that photo of me was taken by Aarti sitting up in bed and looking at things, looking like this. (She's going to kill me for this!)






Talk about ups and downs! We've had a very very tumultuous two weeks. As Aarti put it, "It's a conspiracy! No one tells you how hard it is". Apparently all her 'new mother' friends are now empathising with what she is going through. She promises to write 'The book' (the exact name is frustrating her right now). She has also promised that when their time comes, she will tell them! Sounds very.. very... recondite. She has already threatened Anu.
I'm taking it as it comes, I'm just the systemising male. Here's one of me trying to figure out how it works and if all the bits and pieces are there! And things are coming thick and fast. Everyday is a drama, tragic and comic! Apparently it doesn't get better for the next 4 weeks.

8-o

Rajan called yesterday saying that time is flying; started reminiscing with Aarti; on parties from when they first knew each other; what they looked like then; it being twelve years; and so on. Dammit, for us it hasn't moved in two weeks! The fuzzy haired man proved that when you move faster, time slows down. He's right!

Mahesh

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Aarya Srinivas said...

Guys... this is one of the best blogs i have seen till date... awesome work mahesh.... i was telling aarti... tell mahesh....J K Rowling.... move....Mahesh is here. Great show dude... keep it up and keep us entertained.

Pradeep

 

Post a Comment

<< Home