Sunday, September 11, 2005

What do you call her?

We have been trying out a name. What do you think of 'Adhiaa'? Pronounced Adhiya. We think it's a very interesting name. It seems to have a lot of meanings in many languages. We learnt it means God's treasure; In Hindi I guess! It is also a Hebrew girl name. In Swahili, 'Hadiya' means a gift. It means "Guide to Righteousness" in Arabic. All this from a little bit of browsing on the net and what Rajiv told me. No claims of accuracy being made at all.


The amazing thing is the way she reacts to music. If she's angry, wailing, kicking and screaming; bring her to the living room where the music plays and she'll go quiet and curl up like a perfect angel. We have to figure out her tastes, right now she listens and sleeps to Voyager on Worldspace. Take look at her trying to name the song... She was a different animal a few moments before this snap.

Aarti used to tell me that before she was born, kutty used to kick when we watched Formula 1 races. This set of a debate about whether she was a boy or girl. I was a little upset that I was going to get a motor-head boy. Now I'm completely thrilled that I have a motor-head girl. I will be watching her reaction to the next race soon. Prenatal cognition happens, memories begin in the Womb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home